NOR or NAND flash memory is the critical non-volatile memory device that stores digital device’s configuration data. GigaDevice has a large flash memory product portfolio that is specifically designed to meet the different needs in various electronic applications, in term of density, performance, reliability and security, while providing the smallest packages and low power consumption.
SPI Flash Memory Interface
Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) is the most popular bus protocol for accessing the flash memory. It requires only 6 signals to communication between the controller and the memory, thus reduces the design complexity and offers reduction in board space, power consumption and total system cost. The small 8-pin package is ideal to meet the compact design requirement for modern electronics.
Our flash memory portfolio offers the following features:
- Density: 512Kb (64KB) ~ 8Gb (1GB)
- Performance: 52MB/s ~ 104MB/s (with Quad SPI), 400MB/s (with Xccela™)
- Reliability: 100,000 P/E Cycles, 20-year Data Retention
- Security: UID, Array Protection, OTP area, RPMC
- Package: WLCSP, USON, WSON, SOIC, TFBGA
- Power Consumption: 0.1uA DPD, 1uA Standby, 10mA Active
Note: Please refer to respective product datasheet for detailed description of each feature mentioned above.
SPI NOR Flash
GigaDevice SPI NOR Flash delivers the high-performance and security features necessary to meet the diverse design requirements of today’s applications.
- Available in 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.0V and wide voltage ranges
- Single, Dual and Quad mode I/O data transfer rates in excess of 600Mbit/s
- Quad-SPI data transfer of up to 532MHz outperforms many asynchronous parallel Flash memories
- Flexible memory architecture (sector size: 4K Bytes, block size: 32/64K Bytes)
- Other benefits include faster code execution, simpler interface and lower pin counts
SPI NAND Flash
GigaDevice SPI NAND Flash offers the high-capacity storage and performance necessary for multimedia data storage applications on mobile devices, set-top boxes, data cards, TVs and more.
- Available in 1.8V and 3.0V
- Package: WSON8 (6mm x 8mm)
- High-speed clock frequency (120MHz for fast read with 30pF load)
- Quad I/O data transfer rate up to 480Mbit/s
- Flexible memory architecture from 1Gbit to 8Gbit
- Enhanced access performance with 2K- or 4K-Byte cache for fast random read
- Advanced NAND functions, including internal ECC